The most AMAZING and FANTASTIC AIRPLANES, the most DANGEROUS and STRANGEST AIRPORTS in the world and INCREDIBLE CROSSWIND landings!
Incredibly DANGEROUS, UNUSUAL and CHALLENGING AIRPORTS together with the most AMAZING and EXPENSIVE AIRPLANES in the world! - Part 3
Great collection of the most dangerous and strangest airports, including unbelievable crosswind and windy landings.
You also will see the biggest and most expensive planes in the world doing incredible aerobatics, including a stunning Airbus A380 vertical takeoff, acrobatics flights, amazing Antonov An-225 takeoff, awesome landings, very low fly-by and performances in the sky at the limit that seems they are going to crash.
A collection of the biggest and most luxury airplanes in the world: amazing videos including Airbus A380 vertical takeoff, Antonov An-225 impressive takeoff and much more.
Stunning performances of the biggest aeroplanes in the world, you have to watch! Some of these incredible exhibitions took place at Farnborough Airshow 2012 air show.
Amazing aeroplanes, Incredible landings and takeoffs in extreme conditions.
List of the airports:
- Bern Airport (BRN), Switzerland
- Alexandros Papadiamantis Airport (JSI), Greece
Also known as Skiathos Airport, has a really short and narrow runway. Airport was created by reclaiming land from the sea, joining two islands into one larger island. Pilots are required to undergo additional training and landings can be performed only by high experienced captains.
- Catalina Airport (CIB), California
The airfield is also known as the "Airport in the Sky" due to the fact it lies near the island's highest point.
- Juancho E. Yrausquin Airport (SAB), Caribbean
Also known as Saba Airport, has the shortest runway in the world.
- Princess Juliana International Airport (SXM), Caribbean
Also known as St. Maarten Airport, it's located in the island of Saint Martin (the Dutch side of the island in the country of Sint Maarten): this incredible airport seems to be the main attraction of this beautiful and exotic island, full of luxury hotels, resorts and casino.
- Gustaf III Airport (SBH), Caribbean
Also known as St. Barthélemy Airport, has a really short runway just behind a hill.
- Baltimore / Washington Airport (BWI)
- Paro Airport (PBH), Bhutan
One of the most challenging airports in the world: pilots have to slalom between mountains up to 18000 ft / 5500 m.
List of the airplanes:
- Boeing 787 Dreamliner
Avarage cost of 250 million US$, cruise speed of 510 knots, maximum takeoff weight of 0.5 million lbs and maximum seating of 280 passengers.
- Airbus A380, the world's largest passenger aircraft
Avarage cost of half billion US$, cruise speed of 510 knots, maximum takeoff weight of 1.3 million lbs and maximum seating of 853 passengers.
- Antonov An-225, the largest aircraft in the world
Avarage cost of 250 million US$, cruise speed of 450 knots and maximum takeoff weight of 1.4 million lbs
- - - - - CREDITS - - - - -
"Catalina Airport cockpit landing" (clip): courtesy of Mr. Lobos from www.flickr.com/photos/24660510@N07
Some of the videos are under CC license and listed in "Source videos - View attributions" and below:
- "Airbus A380 at Farnborough Airshow 2012" (clips): Edvvc from www.flickr.com/photos/edvvc
- "Airbus A380 vertical takeoff" (second clip): Simon Green from www.flickr.com/photos/simongreen_uk
- "Catalina Airport" (photo): Kyle Harmon from www.flickr.com/photos/wkharmon
- "Taking off from Saba airport" (first clip): Pat Hawks from www.flickr.com/photos/pathawks
- "KLM 747 lowest landing ever at Saint Maarten Airport" (clip): alljengi from www.flickr.com/photos/27718315@N02
- "Lufthansa Airbus A380 and United Airlines Boeing 747" (photo) & "United Airlines Boeing 737 and Alaska Airlines Boeing 737 Portland Timbers Livery" (ending photo): Kohei Kanno from www.flickr.com/photos/flyingover