What U S Gov found in ANTARCTICA But Covered Up "Operation Highjump". and Andmiral Byrd, 1947 ended in the US quitting their "Training Mission" there. What was the reason? What did they find?
- What U.S. Government found in ANTARCTICA but then Covered Up - "2 Oases" & one a region of ice-free lakes and land. More than 300,000 square miles of unpathed territory were charted on aerial mapping operations. Their observations proved that radical changes would have to be made on existing maps of the Antarctic.
- Operation Highjump commenced 26 August 1946 and ended in late February 1947. Task Force 68 included 4,700 men, 13 ships, and multiple aircraft. The primary mission of Operation Highjump was to establish the Antarctic research base Little America IV.
1) What the U.S. Government found, then covered up, in Antarctica will blow your mind!, Intellihub Oct 21, 2015
2) Antarctica Wikimedia commons images (Thumbnail image Antarctic Expedition cruise by Liam Quinn
3) Admiral Byrd Wikimedia commons images
4) Music - Youtube Audio Library