With a scheduled flight time of 17 hours and 15 minutes and 8,824 miles for the return leg this is now World’s longest flight, beating the current longest flight operated by Qantas on the Dallas – Sydney route, which is 8,578 miles and 16 hours and 55 minutes. The flight from Dubai to Auckland takes about 16 hours.
The new route (EK448/EK449) will be operated by a Boeing 777-200LR, but this inaugural flight was done by the A380.
✈ Top 5 Current longest nonstop passenger flights by distance
1. Dubai-Auckland (7,668nm) –Emirates 777-200LR
2. Sydney-Dallas/Fort Worth (7,454nm) – Qantas Airbus A380
3. Atlanta-Johannesburg (7,333nm) –Delta Boeing 777-200LR
4. Abu Dhabi-Los Angeles (7,291nm) – Etihad Boeing 777-200LR
5. Dubai-Los Angeles (7,246nm) – Emirates Airbus A380
✈ Flight information
Aircraft: Airbus A380-861
From: Dubai (DXB)
Airport: Auckland International Airport (AKL)
Date: 2 March 2016
✔ Take a short survey to improve my channel
✔ Like AviationNLNZ on Facebook